The Creative Soul

a place to share my thoughts on life, art and becoming a better me.

Monday, July 24, 2006

More Fatbooks

I have only done one fatbook - that is submitted my pages and received a book in the mail. I have recently signed up for a few more because the end result is awesome. It's a swap return that displays itself. I just finished doing my page for the Shrines bool and the Brown book. The picture on the left is the base for my Shrine page. I did add a window over the top.


I used dry wall tape and cream paint to make the background texture. I am really pleased with the way the brown page turned out. I love playing with stencils and paint and to give the "C" a little more punch, I outlined the stenciled letter with a fine tip black pen. I had my in-laws over for the weekend and so I didn't accomplish anything creative. However this week will be a very busy work week. I have Winter Inspirations deadlines due on September 1st and Ranger DT submissions to work on. Did I mention that my daughter starts kindergarden on August 8th.

2 Comments:

At 7:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori...these are beautiful. And I always enjoy seeing your artwork in Inspirations.

 
At 5:37 AM , Blogger Vintage Papers said...

beautiful work! I need to learn more about these fat books! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home