The Creative Soul

a place to share my thoughts on life, art and becoming a better me.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

A block for Penelope

Let me start out by saying I am not a quilter - YET :) I can totally see going in that direction because I play with fabric just like I do paper. But there are a few crafts I want to try before becoming an official "quilter". I signed up to participate in a wonderful quilt project. Unfortunately, I forgot that I did this and appeared to be mia for awhile. Thankfully the organizers of the project, Shanna and Patricia were very patient and kept my spot awaiting my "return". Thankfully I started my blog again because this is where I was found. The color I had to use for Penelope's quilt was yellow. I don't have a big yellow stash, but enough to complete this block. I know to all the hard core quilters out there, it might be a joke of a block. The block is called Bright Hopes and I could not resist based on the name alone. I can't imagine what Kati and her daughters are going through. As a wife and mother of two myself, I try not to imagine it. I don't know them, but feel for them as if they were family. I know this block will be part of a quilt that will bring a special little girl lots of happy memories.

2 Comments:

At 6:48 AM , Blogger MéLisa said...

I really like your block! We are going to be quilt buddies, because I too sent a block for Penelope's quilt. I can’t wait to see them all put together.

 
At 11:45 AM , Blogger Ladydy5 aka: Diane Yates said...

You did a great job. You should see my first block I did as a new quilter (using that term gently).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home